About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Inspiration, the new year, and yeah, I know I've been quiet!

Life, my job, and everything else has taken over and I haven't had much time to craft. So, yeah, I realize it's been rather quiet here at Linda's Minis. My last post focused on the General Store, but funny enough, that lovely dollhouse has actually been given to my sister and her girls. After Jay moved to Albany (permanently) and the rest of our stuff came with him, we just didn't have the room. So I knew something had to go. I had good intentions with it, but I still have to finish the Glencroft (I know, I know) so one project at a time for me.

Now I've been rather inspired over the holidays. We visited PA for Christmas (my parents) and New Year's (Jay's parents) and along the way, saw lots of beautiful houses. In both central and eastern PA, there are many beautiful stone houses, and in the Montgomery County region, there are some beautiful homes covered in stucco. This led me to finally deciding to finish the Glencroft chimney in plaster over brick, and to age the tudor finish a bit. (I still have to finish shingling, which I think is my least favorite dollhouse hobby venture).

While in eastern PA, we visited a thrift shop in Birdsboro, PA. (Here is the address: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=birdsboro+pa+thrift+shop&fb=1&gl=us&hq=thrift+shop&hnear=0x89c679ea4653aa45:0x31e78b63b088be0d,Birdsboro,+PA&cid=9471547859574324149)

There is a lovely farmhouse-style dollhouse there for sale. It is 99 dollars, in decent shape, and comes with lots of furniture. It could use some minor rehab, but if you are looking for a good second-hand project, and live in the area, it was still there as of yesterday afternoon. I looked at it carefully but said no (surprisingly!) because of the lack of space and certain lack of time with the upcoming semester. Again, one project at a time for me!!!

Lastly, while in central PA, we went to Antique Depot in Duncansville, PA (address: http://duncansvilleantiquedepot.com/index.htm). They have tin dollhouses, very little furniture, but two lovely dollhouses that almost look like engineering or drafting projects. The crafters were definitely building them in the style of real houses and both that were there (as of Dec. 26th or so) were unfinished and were (I think) half-scale. I was very tempted to pick up the larger one for 150.00. Again, though. Little room at the moment and ONE project at a time!

If you live in either area, or know someone who does, and procure either dollhouse, do let me know! I hope these hints lead to a cherished new addition to a collection! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails