About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Monday, October 12, 2009

TREES!

I started to make a tree for one of my projects. So far, I have finished the skeleton. I wanted to share this method, as I am pretty much making it up as I go.

I used a wire hanger, masking tape and wire. I shaped the hanger into a trunk and roots. I wrapped it in masking tape. Then, I took wire, cut lengths, taped them to the wire the trunk and covered those in tape. Lather, rinse, repeat. :)

This is the result:

A closeup, you can see the masking tape. I added secondary branches with the same method.


Here's an idea of scale: it's next to my herb shop and my Alison.
Next steps include: covering it with paperclay, painting it, finding/making leaves, and attaching those leaves.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree looks great! Kind of spooky too!
    It must have been hard to make those branches.
    Can't wait to see you do the leaves!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails