About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another new addition!

So, it seems as if when I post lately, I have an awesome new addition to my dollhouse collection. Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint, so I will share with you my brand new Alison/Petite Dreams. I don't know which it is. It is the reverse of the RGT Alison, but is identical to the Petite Dreams house, and I suppose it could be either. Perhaps I can solve this mystery with your help - if not today, then maybe when I post more pics in the future when I begin to rehab it.

Here she is:

Oh, and guess how much I paid for her? Go ahead, guess!

You done guessing?

She was F-R-E-E!!! That's right! My labmate and friend, Helen, saw the dollhouse at a yard sale, where it was being given away (for what reason, I have no idea!) and thought of me and picked it up! I swear that I did ask if she wanted to keep it, but she gave it to me! :-D I am a lucky friend!

The dollhouse is BIG! I am going to keep her the same color, but there are many changes I will make to her inside and out. As you can see right away, there are shutters missing, but I do not care that much for the shutters anyway, so I may order brand new ones from HBS or pick some up at Earth and Tree (I need a reason to go there anyway!)

The roof doesn't match up perfectly with the exterior left wall, so I will do something about that. Most likely, I will just paint it to match the shingles as I don't want to crack anything.

When wiping down the inside of the house, I ended up tearing off the felt used for carpet. I am going to either paper or repaint the walls and put down some real floorboards and tile.

I may also replace the front door, and I am definitely going to install stairs (there are none, but holes where there should be.
And I thought the Glencroft dwarfed my shop!!

Speaking of the Glencroft, you might be wondering where she is. Well, Jay and I did some cleaning and decluttering this week and got rid of the old futon in the spare room. Turns out, that freed up a lot of space. We have an old massage table we never use (but should! lol) and I put the Glencroft and the general store on that. :) It's basically my workshop area now (minus the stuffed animals, which really make this look like a little kid's playroom - LOL).


The area beneath the table provides a lot of room for storage. Below are the boxes for what remains of the Glencroft pieces, and for the Canterbury House (which I am putting off on building til I get my other projects done!)

4 comments:

  1. Hermosa casa. Y el destino ha sido cuando repararlo usted será una maravilla. felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool to get that wonderful house for Free - how lucky is that! I hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow are you a lucky duck. FREE!!!! What a deal. You now have enough projects to keep you going for years. You will never get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this post. Your house is definitely the Petite Dreams house. It came prefinished on the exterior with those shutters. I have one that I built from the kit. You're right that it's the reverse of the RGT Allison.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails