About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Plan of action: Glencroft Kitchen

As I mentioned earlier, I have yet to do the windows and doors on my Glencroft. But first, I want to touch up and redecorate the rooms, one at a time.

I am starting with the kitchen. I was looking online yesterday for some wallpaper ideas and found a few I really like. While I am not a huge fan of wallpaper in general, I did find a great wine-country style with wine labels all over it. This lead me into imagining the kitchen with richly stained wainscoting below a chair rail, with the wallpaper above.

Here is a sample of the wallpaper. I took what I found on the wallpaper website, put it in Photoshop and repeated the design. I am going to print this out on heavier paper and spray it with fixative before I hang it up.
With the lower half of the walls stained and this wallpaper on the upper half, it shouldn't look too busy. :) Here's to hoping!

Here are some 'before' pics of the kitchen (as you can see, it dreadfully needs some help, at least it's primed already!!):


Here's the wallpaper inside the kitchen. I like the neutral tones that it adds to the kitchen. My house is loud enough on the outside as it is, so I'd like to tone it down a bit in the interior. LOL
Let's see how far along I get on this today.

Oh yeah: Happy July 4th to my fellow American readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails